NASLite Network Attached Storage

www.serverelements.com
Task-specific simplicity with low hardware requirements.
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 6:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: UPNP & Pioneer KRP-500A
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 2:25 pm 

I am using NAS Lite M2 to stream media to my Pioneer KRP-500A TV, while the media player built into the TV recognises the server, it takes a very long time to play each file. Also the file info takes around 1 min to display and no album art is displayed. The media i have on my PC using iTunes works fine, with no delay displaying the track info or album art, also display previous and next track. Has enyone had similar problems using this TV or any other non PC UPNP DLNA Media Players

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:42 pm 
Site Admin

What video file types? mp4, mv4?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:22 am 

I also am having a similar issue with a Pioneer Elite HD 1140 TV. In the past I have used TwonkyMedia server on a windows PC. The TV works perfectly with TwonkyMeida server. Most of my media is in MPEG2 format.

With Naslite M2, the server is recognized on the TV, but is greyed out. When I try to select the server from the Home Media Center built into the TV, over a wired ethernet connection, I get a message from the TV that I am not authorized to access the server. The TV's Media Center is a UPNP DLNA player. Main/Only reason I purchased Naslite M2 was to be used with this TV. Can never get a real connection to the server from NASLITE M2.

On a local PC I have installed Intervideo WinDVD 7 client. This PC software supports UPnP. Both TwonkyMedia server and Naslite M2 server are working with WinDVD 7 without issue.

So unfortunately it seems like Naslite M2 will not work with UPnP DLNA Home Media Center on Pioneer Elite HD 1140 tv. Hopefully this can be resolved in an updated to the software in future. For me and my needs, the product is not working with my hardware.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:23 pm 

It seems to me that allot of these media enabled monitors have the function added on as an afterthought. Some of the media streaming servers you use run on top of windows and they work better because they run on top of a real SMB server on a windows OS. The fact is that MS SMB is a tough target to hit since there is no underlying access to the code (or in the words of programmers, clusterf#@k) that makes up the various components of these. Add to this that fact that there is not one unified media streaming protocol but many and you have issues like you are experiencing.

As big a fan of NL as I am, there is just some much that 2 guys can do. Facts are that thought they deliver a great product and it supports a large array of products and export daemons there are just to many variables for them to catch and fix all of them.

My solution has been to use windows 7 RC for the mean time to play everything. For off air I use a silicon dust receiver and NL with SMB. Is it as elegant as say a dedicated media player? No, but it simply works, was cheap, and simple to setup. For those of you that want to watch digital TV from your locals I highly recommend this unit, setup is a bit convoluted and clunky but it works great, has two tuners, and will work with cable as well. Best is that it streams them on a 100TX connection.

Mike